When is a laptop not a laptop? This comes close. Meanwhile, March 27, 2023 is a very busy day for music news.
- At Saturday’s Trump rally in Waco, Texas, special guest Ted Nugent referred to Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelensky as a “homosexual weirdo.”
- Meanwhile, Ye is back on social media and twigs about Jews again.
- Neil Young: “Tours are no longer fun.” Here’s why.
- On the topic of concerts, it can actually be cheaper to fly to a foreign show.
- Dolly Parton and Motley Crue: Together at last. Wait–what?
- Alanis Morissette and professional golf: Together at last.
- The KISS biopic has been picked up by Netflix.
- “AI is the future of music–but not in the way you think.” Discuss.
- The future of EDM festivals can be seen in the festivals happening in Asia.
- Apple seems to be thinking about releasing its movies in movie theaters.
- Well, this is awkward. Spotify has spent less than 10% of the US$100 million it promised to spend on diversity after the whole Joe Rogan controversy.
- Need to test the limits of your audio system? Try these songs.
- Twelve artists who died–literally died–onstage.
- Why is the US border policy so hostile to foreign acts? It’s a mystery to most.
- Life after being in a punk band can include getting deep into olive oil.
- Another post that tries to answer the question “Why are concert tickets so expensive?”
- Maybe we can ask Adele about her final shows in Las Vegas about ticket prices.
- Jay-Z can afford to see Adele. His net worth is now US$2.5 billion.
- Susanna Hoffs of The Bangles has written a rock chick novel. It sounds really, really good. I’ve pre-ordered it.
- ABBA has a favor to ask of fans.
- And finally, let’s look at the timeline of the Gallagher brothers feud–just in case the latest Oasis reunion rumors are true,
More music news? Check here.
BONUS: But to them deliver?